»

Friday, February 20, 2009

My Broken Yankee Heart AKA The Yankee Screw

In a lifetime, there are any disappoints. The great joy of my lifetime was when I was finally able to get season tickets. This year, my heart was crushed by the insensitivity of the Yankees to relocating fans in the the home. Moving isn't hard, I moved a few times in my life, with proper planning it goes great. The Yankee fan move was not planned well; and consequently my heart was broken.


The Yankees are chasing the big dollar, luxury suites, high priced seats. So what happened to the ticket holder, most got screwed. I went from the Loge upper deck outfield bleachers.


THIS IS NOT A WAY TO TREAT A FAN!


I am not alone in the Yankee Fan Screw. I wan to hear from all of your who have been screwed. I want to know I am not alone. I am not the only one whose heart was broken.


When ground was broken George Steinbrenner tearful remarked he was doing this for the fans. Yes he did is alright, he gave the fans back for their lack of respect for his owner antics, he screwed us royally.


In honor of this auspicious occasion I have created a new Drink, the Yankee Screw. I am still refining it but so far this is what I have:


1 shot Tequila,

2 shots Amaretto

1/2 Sweet and Sour Mix

1 shot Kahlua

4 ounces club soda

1 ounce tonic

ice


Why those ingredients:


Tequila - The Yankees recruitment is effort targets Spanish speaking countries.


Amaretto - For Joe DiMaggio, one of the great Yankees


Sweet and Sour Mix - For all the Good and Bad Years I remember, the bitter and the Sweet.


Kahlua - It tastes better then the coffee they serve at the stadium


Club Soda - Like the last 7 Yankee teams, it starts out strong then looses it fizzle and falls flat


Tonic Water - for the bitter taste the 2004 ALDS left in my mouth


ice - for all those Aprils and Octobers I froze my behind off in the Loge


Email me and let me know if you got the short end of the relocation stick.

1 comments:

Mike said...

That is awful,,,the ticket situation AND the drink!