Since December I have been on the I-95 NJ to MA shuffle. I still am on this project, and now it is baseball season. Its one thing to be in Boston for a NYY-Soxs game; there are dozens, hundreds of other Yankee fans. However its another to be there during baseball season when the Yanks are not in town:
Some notations about living, albeit temporarily in Red Sox Nation:
- There are plenty of stores selling Red Sox stuff, the closest location to find anything NYY is the rest stop on the Mass Pike. There you can find a NYY decal for your car, enabling the National to find you easier and harass you more frequently. Even teh local CVS and Staples is pandering to the Red Sox fan.
- The Subways sell large plastic drink cups emblezzaned with the Red Sox logo, forcing me to negotiate for 2 regular size paper cups so I don't have to drink out of Red Sox cup. The Dunkin Donuts sells Red Soxs travel mugs.
- The News did show the highlights of opening day at Yankee Stadium, not to humor NYY fans, but because it was Opening Day for the World Series Champs.
- Anything Yankee on you draws the attentionof others, as if you were walking down the street naked.
- Yankee baseball, if they are not playing the Soxs is limited to MLB TV on your PC.
I am hoping this project is over soon, so I can get back to my NYY life.