»

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Roger Who?

Anyone who believes baseball players or any celebrity, athlete or any overly compensated person is a saint is also a believer of the tooth fairy. That said I still admire Clemens, for the same reason I can respect, Jeter, Pettitte, A-Rod, etc. They give back to the community, mainly to make a better life for the the future of this nation.

Hell if I was good looking and a 20 something I would sleep with Roger. That does not make him a leaper.

I am not the biggest A-Rod fan, and he has documented himself as a two-timer to the then pregnant Mrs. A-Rod. But despite that Alex has donated millions to the Boys/Girls Club of America, not to be memorialized, but because he is where he is in MLB because of that organization.

Alex recognizes what is important in molding the future of America to be good citizens.

I like Angela Jolie as a talented actress, as a persons she is misguided. She reaches out to Africa to adopt children and donate money, a chic Hollywood/celebrity fad. I don't' care, I hope the UN and WHO feed and cares for them all, but Angie baby there are thousands of children here in the US who need love and sustenance also. Start here. When you concur our children ,t hen go global. Be like Alex, Derek, Roger and all, Do for our children first set the example then you can help the billions.

My personal opinions about A-rod aside, he gives back here first. We have problem here, the baseball athletes give back to where they came form, the US, Central America, South America, Asia. Mo helps the the kids in Panama, Abreu in his native land, Posada in Puerto Rico with Bernie William, part of the reason I love baseball. Jeter provide to children through the US, first starting in Michigan, New York and New Jersey. But he message is clear. Help the kids be good citizens and you will improve society.

Hollywood goes and adopt children from foreign lands, it's chic. What have they down for the 4 year old child in Newark who has no one to love her or him? the child who's life is set to be a dud? Fix our problems with poverty and unwanted children who need loving homes first, then go and deal with another continent. Athletes aren't ignoring our unwanted unloved kids, but Hollywood is.

That is part of my love of baseball, even if they aren't saints, the players give back, back to the kids, help them achieve, aspire, be better. Roger could be a polygamist for all I care, he gives back. Judge him or A-Rod as you feel, but first account for all the good they have done with the money they have earned as super athletes. That goes a long way in my book.

Don't judge me wrong, the kids in Africa need help too, but start here, fix here first, then go global. The USA is the great bread basket tot he world, but we cannot ignore our own. Our basbeall players rarely do. My reason for if they sin greatly I can forgive. They give back to make better life.

0 comments: