»

Monday, May 19, 2008

The Bronx Bombers

It's terrible to say they lived up to their nicknames, but they did for 2 days in a row. The most excitement has been watching Willie Randolph get tossed tonight. This has been a tough week for the Yankees. In the cellar in the AL East and losing 2 to the NY Mets. The Monday morning News and Post will shame them. Maybe it will spark a cure for what ails the Yankees. Somehow I don't think so.

I was at tonight's game. The 4th inning ran from 8:57 to 9:33. Most of that was because Chien-Ming Wang did something unusual he pitched to the side. That rattled Wang and he was lost for the rest of the game.



In contrast I saw a good defense by the Yanks. Cano's must be taking acrobatic lessons from Jeter, because he he beginning to look like a younger 2nd base version. I don't' blame Gonzalez for his E5 in the 1st, he had to look straight into the lights. He tried.



Unlike many I am not ready to flush the Yankees yet. They were in this state last year, the Bronx is full of Yankees miracles. While I don't see another White Hat Cowboy galloping in to save the pitching, you don't know what deals are in the works. Frankly if the youngsters can be saved, I would keep the status quo. The potential of our youth is worth a Roger Clemens deal. What the Yankees really need is another switch hitter.



As for me I washed off the stink of tonight's game by stopping by M&M World in Times Square ( They are open 9AM-midnight). Wild Cherry M&Ms did the trick.



The morning NY Daily News is already heralding Perez, he stunck, he threw 1 hittable strike for every 5-6 balls he tossed. The Yankees were dumb they chased the balls. Why they got out; patience would have been better for the Yankees.

0 comments: