»

Monday, April 21, 2008

A Chip Off of George's Block

In what may become a continuing comparison of Hank Steinbrenner to his Dad, George, we have the latest element; demanding a say in the starting lineup.


Many have blogged about George's mouth today, oops did I say George, I meant Hank. It's beginning to be hard to tell them apart, well Hank doesn't wear turtlenecks in summer like Dad George; well so far.

Hank like George thinks that being an owner gives him a say in the starting rotation. This despite the $$$$$ the Yankees spend on expert baseball advice. Frankly I feel that there are many on this forum more qualified then Hank or George to rate the placement of key players in the daily lineup.

Here are some facts:

  • Mo is not gone yet and right now pitching well.
  • The starting rotation can barely get into the 7th inning.
  • Mo pitching 2 innings a game won't help his arm in October.
  • Mo will retire one day and there is no one I have seen so far who can be as great as Mo as closer, except Joba.

The real solution is for the Yankkes to have pitchers who can pitch 8 or 9 innings. Oh did I say that? I forgot its a sacrilegious thought to demand pitchers be able to toss complete games. Shame on me. :) :)

Lets fix the problem, the problem is is two fold, Kennedy and Hughes. Get them to be solid and give you 7-8 innings and we can think about where Joba belongs. But I'm sorry, in the sorry state of NYY starting pitching, Joba must be the bridge to Mo. Unless you want to see the team lose in the late innings.
An alternative is to let Joba start and get Moose to bridge. I'd rather use Joba as the bridge.

0 comments: